4th Axis Quick Start Guide
This compendium is the collection of resources for the 4th Rotary Axis Module made specifically for the 4040 Pro CNC provided by SainSmart and community members.
While this product may be compatible with other machines, this has not been tested, so we are only supporting this upgrade for the 4040 Pro, which was designed specifically with a 4th axis in mind.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 4040 4th Axis User Manual: A PDF copy of the official user manual that comes with your 4th axis.
- 4040 Offline Controller User Manual: A PDF copy of the official user manual for the Offline controller that can be purchased bundled with the 4th axis.
Installation & Setup
This section is meant as a supplement for the processes already illustrated in the user guide, in order to give you advanced guidance on installing and configuring the 4th axis with as much precision as possible.
- How to Install Your 4th Axis and Square it on the 4040 CNC
- How to Reconfigure the 4th Axis Chuck: The 4 teeth on the chuck of your 4th axis can be uninstalled and inserted backward for a different configuration that can potentially be more useful depending on your needs.
- How to Center Your 4th Axis Stock Material
- How to Zero-Out Your 4th Axis Project