PROVerXL 4030 V2 Resource Page
This compendium is the collection of resources for Genmitsu PROVerXL 4030 V2 provided by SainSmart and community members.
You can join our Facebook group for discussions and project ideas for your new CNC machine.
- Download the USB Stick Content (Click to download)
- PROVerXL 4030 V2 User Manual (Click to view PDF version of user manual)
- 5.5W Laser Fixed Focus Module Kit Assembly Guide PDF Version
- Assembly Video
CNC Controller Software Installation
(img source from web)
Installing the CH341SER driver will allow your computer to recognize the CNC controller board as a serial device, which can then be used with Candle or other CNC control software.
- CH341SER Driver (For Windows): If windows does not do so automatically when you connect your CNC to the computer for the first time, this downloadable file is the Driver which is needed for your computer to be able to communicate with your CNC.
- CH341SER Driver (For Mac): This driver will not install automatically and must be installed as dictated by instructions included in the .zip which this link will download.
- CH341 Installation Guide: Although this guide is about CH340, it also applies to CH341. CH341 is a newer version of the CH340 and has some added features. CH341 supports I2C, SPI, and 8-bit parallel bus interfaces, whereas CH340 only supports serial communication.
UGS (Universal Gcode Sender) for MacOS, Linux, and Windows Users
UGS is a cross-platform software application that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. You can download and install UGS on your computer to communicate with your CNC machine.
- UGS is an open-source software and has an active user community, so you can find a lot of resources and support online.
- Click here to download UGS
- The UGS Wiki is a comprehensive resource that covers everything from installation to advanced usage. It includes tutorials, FAQs, and troubleshooting guides. You can access the UGS Wiki at https://winder.github.io/ugs_website/guide/platform/.
Candle (Optional for Windows users)
- How to Install Candle/GRBLControl for Windows
- GRBLControl/Candle 1.17 (For Windows): Link downloads a .zip file containing a full copy of Candle, the software you can use to run your CNC through your computer. Must unzip entire folder to use.
- TechDIY YouTube Videos:
- Sainsmart Genmitsu PROVerXL 4030 CNC Router Build, Test & Review: This is a great instructional video that covers assembling your 4030, setting it up, and using it for the first time.
- Guide on How to Set Up & Use Candle for Multiple Operations
- Offline Controller User Guide
- What is a Z-Probe & How to Use It (For use with Candle only for the 4030, the offline controller section is not applicable. See Offline Controller user guide linked above for more on Z probe use for 4030 with offline controller)
- How to Use Limit Switches to Maintain Positional Accuracy Between CNC Operations
- CNC Bit Selection Buyers Guide
- GRBL Error Code List & Meaning: Whenever something is going wrong with your CNC, GRBL tries its best to provide you with an error code to help you in diagnosing and resolving the issue you are having. This information is invaluable in getting your CNC back up and running so we suggest that you keep an eye out for error codes and make sure to include this information if you need further support from us.
CNC Upgrade Resources
- The Beginner’s Guide to Genmitsu CNC Upgrade & Accessories
- How to Install & Use a DeWalt 611 Router with a 4030 CNC
- Genmitsu 4030 to 6060 Expansion Guide: You can make your 4030 bigger, much bigger! This guide covers the upgrade process in great detail.