Genmitsu 3018-PROVer Resources
This compendium is the collection of resources for Genmitsu 3018-PROVer provided by SainSmart and community members.
You can join our Facebook group for discussions and project ideas for your new CNC machine.
- 3018-PROVer User Manual: PDF version of 3018-PROVer user manual (Last updated in Jan. 2021)
- NOTE: The Testing portion of the above manual is now obsolete. Please see this link for the replacement.
- 3018-PROVer Supplemental Assembly Guide
- 3018-PROVer Assembly Video
CNC Controller Software Installation
- How to Install Candle/GRBLControl for Windows
- GRBLControl/Candle 1.17 (For Windows): Link downloads a .zip file containing a full copy of Candle, the software you can use to run your CNC through your computer. Must unzip entire folder to use.
- CH341SER Driver (For Windows): If windows does not do so automatically when you connect your CNC to the computer for the first time, this downloadable file is the Driver which is needed for your computer to be able to communicate with your CNC.
- How to Install Candle/GRBL Control for Mac
- GRBLControl/Candle 1.17 (For Mac): Zip file containing a full copy of Candle, the software you can use to run your CNC through your computer. Must unzip entire folder to use, instructions on how to install is included in .zip file.
- CH341SER Driver (For Mac): This driver will not install automatically and must be installed as dictated by instructions included in the .zip which this link will download.
- PDF Instructions For Mac Installation for Candle: Included in the files for Candle itself, this link goes directly to a PDF for those who want a printable/offline copy of the instructions.
Configuration & Testing
- Video on How to Set Up your Z-Probe
- Gcode Sample: Originally provided on the SD card that came with your CNC, these are pre-made test cuts users can use to try out their machine, or to help troubleshoot issues with other files.
- Guide to Uploading Firmware to SainSmart CNC's (Links to Factory default firmware included)
- Testing your 3018-PROVer CNC
- Intro to CNC for a Total Novice: The Basics (Based off the works of Graham Bland)
- Intro to CNC for a Total Novice: Tuning GRBL (Based off the works of Graham Bland)
- Caleb Builds 3D YouTube Videos:
- How To do Your First Engraving with any SainSmart CNC: A great video that shows users in detail how to use Candle to operate your machine for the first time and run the SainSmart test files.
- How To Design & Cut Your First CNC Project Using Easel: Directly following up on the prior video, this one walks you through designing and cutting your first project, step by step in a way that's easy to follow.
- Guide on How to Set Up & Use Candle for Multiple Operations
- What is a Z-Probe & How to Use It
- Using Offline Controller on Genmitsu 3018-PROVer
Laser Guides & Instructions
- Intro to CNC for a Total Novice: Setting up a Laser (Based off the works of Graham Bland)
- LightBurn Quick-Start Guide: (Document Pending) This guide walks you through the installation and use of LightBurn, a powerful and affordable GRBL controller meant specifically for lasers
Misc. Download Links
- Full Contents of Prover CD (308 MB): Included with your PROVer packaging is a CD with much of the above content, as well as video instructions and more. Meant for those who lost their CD or do not have a CD drive on their computer.